5.23.2012

Sunday Snap. The Pottery Tree

When you are in the Cappadocia region, one thing you will see a lot of is pottery. In specific,  red clay pottery which comes from the town of Avanos.
I took this picture walking up to the Goreme Open hill museum. As it was such a steep climb, I was tempted to get in a car and drive up there but I am now glad I didn’t.
On the walk up to the museum is so many sights to see that you would miss if driving up the hill. There is the horse safari ranch, the camels, the traditional tea shop, the cave restaurant and of course this pottery tree.
If ever there was an argument for using your own two feet then this is it. The Goreme Open air museum is located a 30 minute walk from the center of Goreme (it is not far but I am taking into account that it is up a steep hill).
If you are staying in the towns of Uchisar or Urgup, then I strongly recommend going by bus and getting off in Goreme. That way, you can take in the important sights that you would otherwise miss if going by car.
Pottery Cappadocia

No comments:

Post a Comment